Allergy friendly lamington recipe!
Delicious gluten, dairy and egg-free recipe! The cake can be cooked prior to the day and frozen until you need to ice and serve.
180g vanilla yoghurt (soy or coconut)
2/3 cup of rice or soy milk
1/4 cup apple puree
2 tablespoons of oil (coconut, light olive or sunflower)
1 ¼ cups of gluten-free or coconut flour
1/2 cup raw sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon bicarb soda
Pinch of salt
2 cups gluten free icing sugar or mixture
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1 tablespoon Nuttlex
1/4 cup boiling water
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius (160 fan forced)
- Lightly grease and line baking tray with baking paper
- In a bowl mix together the yoghurt, milk, apple puree, oil, sugar and vanilla essence
- Fold in the flour, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt
- Pour into tray
- Bake for 15-20mins or until golden brown
- Let cool in pan and then transfer
- Sift icing sugar and cocoa into bowl.
- Add Nuttlex
- Gradually add boiling water and stir until smooth and runny.
- Cut cake into squares.
- Using a fork dip cake squares into the icing mixture
- Toss coated lamington in dessicated coconut
- Place on baking paper and let stand for 2 hours to set.