Tips for moving when your child attends Goodstart
Moving house can be a stressful time for many which may result in unsettled night sleeps and disruption to your life.
Booking removalists, organising insurance and finding a new place to live can all put extra stress on your family.
But if you have children at a Goodstart Early Learning centre, the organisation can help you minimise the disruption to your lives, and your children’s, by helping you find a centre near your new home.
Families can contact Goodstart’s Family Support Team, on 1800 222 543, if they are thinking of moving to kick start their transfer to a new centre. The team can help you find the best centre for your needs, including proximity to your new residence.
The Family Support Team will eliminate the need for families to do the research and hard work, and will receive peace of mind that their children will receive quality early learning and care.
Phone Goodstart’s Family Support Team on 1800 222 543.
- Contact the Goodstart Family Support Team as soon as you know you are moving so a new centre can be found for your child/ren on 1800 222 543.
- Make sure you have insurance on your new property and contact utility providers to set things up in your home.
- Ask friends for a removalist recommendation and phone around for several quotes. They do vary significantly.
- Check the weather and if rain if is forecast, ensure you have plenty of tarps and towels to cover furniture.
- On the day, make sure your pets are secured so no one escapes when front doors and gates are left open.
- Pack as much as possible in to your boxes so that the contents don’t move around too much, and keep items from each room separate so it’s easier to unpack.
- Pack your jewellery and important documents such as passports and birth certificates in one box and keep them with you.
This post is part of a series about making moving easier with young children. You can read earlier articles, including tips for managing separation anxiety and tips to make travelling with children a little easier on our blog.