Goodstart teacher leads with love
At Goodstart Early Learning we want every child to have the best possible start in life, which is why we value the commitment and dedication of talented teachers and educators.
One of our most passionate teachers, Sarah Presutto, talks about what she loves about her job educating the young minds and hearts within the Goodstart community:
My name is Sarah and I have been an early childhood teacher for five years. I am happy to educate the young minds at Goodstart Belgrave Heights.
My passion has always been with children and the learning opportunities that present themselves throughout the day. It is these opportunities that make me happy because they tell the individual story of the child.
I teach because teachers give and receive opportunities:
- Opportunities to show children something new they have never done before.
- Opportunities to develop the child’s belief in themselves and others.
- Opportunities to learn from the children you teach.
- Opportunities to design a curriculum that is strength based and for the children.
- Opportunities to follow the child’s lead and learn from them.
- Opportunities to express your own interests in the world around you.
- Opportunities to be kind, fair, and fill the buckets of every child in your care.
- Opportunities to build your relationships with individual children.
- Opportunities to see the individual needs, wants, feelings, desires and values of your learners and to act upon them.
- Opportunities to wish the very best for your children and do good works to make them come true.
But my favourite opportunity is to love children as if they were my own and I want the best for each and every single one of them.