Why work in early education?
A child’s first five years are a time when spectacular brain development
It’s hard to overstate the significance of these early years, and recent research
at Harvard University on brain development shines a light on this very importance, with numbers almost too incredible to believe.
In the first few years of life for example, more than one million new neural connections are formed every second. The process is driven by the interaction of genes and the child’s experiences, and it’s these early connections which build the brain architecture upon which all future learning depends.
These amazing facts and figures are just the tip of the iceberg. There’s a whole world of research out there, and it all points to the one thing: the first five years of a child’s life matter, a lot.
If you want your career to have real impact, early education provides just that opportunity.
- The early years shape child outcomes: research consistently shows that all children benefit from attending high quality early learning, and the evidence of this is even stronger for vulnerable children.
- Laying the foundations: positive attitudes towards learning can last a lifetime, and high quality play-based learning programs delivered by skilled teachers keep children coming back for more.
- Own your curriculum: teaching in early learning gives you the flexibility to shape your curriculum to meet the individual needs and interests of each child.
- Explore new learning environments: let your creativity loose as you explore new learning environments through bush kindy, beach kindy, excursions, incursions and more.
- Make a real impact: Goodstart has a strong and inclusive social purpose, with a scale that offers endless opportunities for professional development and career growth.
We’re recruiting now
Children thrive in quality early learning environments. We’re committed to attracting the best people and supporting their access to professional development, career opportunities and the resources they need to provide the very best outcomes for children.
If you share our vision for early learning, we’d love to hear from you. Find out more about working for Goodstart here.