Our skilled Centre Cooks are greeted each day by little customers who couldn’t be more excited to see them. They’re organised and creative, planning nutritious meals and snacks to meet each child’s dietary needs. Embedded within a supportive and friendly team, our Centre Cooks are committed to working together for the benefit of children.
Why choose a Centre Cook role at Goodstart?
- You’ll be truly appreciated for your work - not only by your team but also by little customers with big smiles
- With your creative meal planning and thorough understanding of nutritional needs, you’ll build a career to be proud of in a place that positively impacts children every day
- We support you with a range of shift options to ensure the best outcomes for you and the children we nurture
- 50% discount on your childcare gap fees, plus insurance, travel and technology discounts to make life easier whenever we can
- We offer the option to purchase extra leave for greater work-life balance
- 4 weeks paid parental leave (increasing to 6 weeks in December 2023) because we know family matters
- You’ll get dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics, such as safety, teaching and inclusion
- With our sector-leading safety policies and procedures, you’ll always have peace of mind
- You’ll have access to free 24/7 independent counselling for support when you need it most
- We have a dedicated national safety team that prioritises your safety and wellness
- Our Reconciliation Action Plan embeds inclusive practices into our centres to ensure everyone feels welcome
- Discover ongoing professional development and opportunities, including secondments to other centres
- You’ll have access to our live webinars and interactive learning hub, so you can develop your skills in line with your individual goals