Our passionate Centre Cooks are greeted each day by excited young customers.
They plan healthy meals and snacks to meet children's dietary and nutritional needs. And they're a vital part of our friendly and supportive centre teams.
Are you organised, creative and committed to working for the benefit of children? Then come onboard and make a real difference.
At Goodstart, you'll feel valued for what you do and supported in your goals.
Why choose a Centre Cook role at Goodstart?
- Feel truly appreciated for your work - not only by your team but also by little customers with big smiles.
- We'll support your creative meal planning and thorough understanding of nutritional needs.
- Build a career to be proud of in a place that positively impacts children every day.
- We offer a range of shift options to ensure the best outcomes for you and the children we nurture.
- Receive 50% off your childcare gap fees, plus discounts on insurance, travel and technology.
- You have the option to purchase four weeks of extra leave for greater work-life balance.
- You can put yourself first with two dedicated wellbeing days included in your annual personal leave.
- We value our people - that’s why we pay more. You’ll get at least 5% above the award rate.
- Take advantage of six weeks paid parental leave on top of what you get from the government.
- You’ll get dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics such as safety, teaching and inclusion.
- Our sector-leading safety policies and procedures ensure peace of mind.
- You’ll have access to free 24/7 independent counselling. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers support when you need it.
- We have a dedicated national safety team that prioritises your wellness and security.
- Our Reconciliation Action Plan embeds inclusive practices so everyone feels welcome.
- Opt for ongoing professional development and opportunities, like a secondment to another centre.
- Develop skills in line with your individual goals through our live webinars and interactive Learning Hub.