Centre Director and Leadership roles at Goodstart
Looking to join an organisation that truly provides you with the support you need to run a great centre? A place where you feel like you are recognised and valued for what you do?
At Goodstart, we may be big, but we have a big heart too. When you need support there’s a dedicated national network of experts ready to lean in with guidance and specialist expertise. We also have virtual communities, check-ins, support forums, dedicated helpdesks and up-to-date information and resources our people can count on.
Plus, our centre teams have access to Administrative Assistants who will help manage the day-to-day running of the centre.
Our Centre Leadership Team comprises of Centre Directors, Assistant Directors and Educational Leaders who are valued and respected, and we offer initiatives that are designed to recognise the great work they do.
From the time you join our family, Goodstart will give you all the support you need with a role-specific induction, mentoring, and on-the-job coaching to ensure you can do the best work of your life. Our tailored Centre Director program is designed to launch you straight into your centre, equipping you with all the knowledge you need to lead a great Goodstart centre.
We also offer:
- Competitive pay – our Centre Directors are paid 10% above award rates
- Professional development - opportunities both online and through our own programs
- Induction programs – comprehensive introduction to all things Goodstart
- Centre support – dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics such as safety, teaching and delivered by our centre support team, face to face or virtually
- Wellbeing focus – dedicated wellbeing program with 2 days off per year and services to support you when you need it most
- Additional leave – option to purchase leave for a greater work/life balance
- Retail benefits – discounts on insurance, travel and technology
- Plus, generous childcare fee discounts, diverse career paths and excellent job security
Our Centre Directors are the heart and soul of our centres and their relationships with families are second to none. They are also deeply connected to their local communities and champions for including all children, no matter what.
As a Centre Director every day can be exciting and different! For this role you will:
- Lead with both heart and knowledge to coach and mentor your team
- Use your customer service skills to support our families, and
- Be provided support to ensure your centre is delivering high-quality teaching and learning to young children.
The work is interesting, varied and rewarding! Your role is central in ensuring the success of your centre and involves all aspects of building and maintaining a revenue-generating business, collaborating on new service offers, and contributing to the future direction of the organisation. The best part is that you will see the rewards of creating an amazing centre through the relationships and ongoing ties you form with the children, their families, your team and your community!
As an Assistant Director, you’ll develop your leadership skills as part of the centre leadership team, coach and mentor a team of educators in their work with children and families, and support the Centre Director in leading your centre to success. Goodstart’s centre support teams will be there for you to guide your career progression through professional development and mentoring, plus there will be opportunities to act in Centre Director roles to gain experience!
As the Educational Leader you will work alongside the Educators within your centre to observe practice, review and continuously improve educational programs on offer to children. You will develop the educator team’s understanding of child development and other relevant early years content knowledge, as well as support the application and use of the Early Years Learning Framework or an approved learning framework.
In this role you will work within the centre leadership team (CLT), lead change, and champion practice uplift and excellence.
You will hold either a Bachelor of Early Childhood or equivalent (preferred) or Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care (ACECQA approved) and have the ability and confidence to lead and inspire others. Your success in this role will hinge your desire to keep learning and growing in your skills and experience.
We’re Goodstart. We’re not for profit, so we can do more for children.
If this sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you. Find current vacancies here.
Take a moment to hear from some of our Goodstarters.