Why work at Goodstart
We offer a flexible, family-friendly work environment where personal development and study is encouraged and empowered.
With 14,900 ‘Goodstarter’ team members across 671 centres nurturing more than 70,000 children, Goodstart is Australia's largest provider of early learning and care. As a not-for-profit social enterprise, we exist purely to improve the lives of Australia's children and their families.
is for children to have the learning, development and wellbeing outcomes they need for school and life. We have 4 guiding principles
• Children are central to everything we do
• Families are our primary partners
• Our people make the difference
• Being a valued part of each unique community
Join the Goodstart Family
Job security and stability
We are big, but we have a big heart too. With more than 670 centres across Australia, we offer our people the security of a large network while still ensuring each centre is a unique part of their local community.
We’ve worked very hard throughout the uncertainty of the pandemic to keep our team of
Goodstarters employed and supported with transparency and genuine care.
Safe working environment
Safety starts with everyone. But at Goodstart it's more than that – it's who we are and what we
do. Safety, health and wellbeing are more than just words to us, they are a personal commitment
and a promise we make every day to our children, our families and each other.
Appreciation & recognition
Goodstarters are recognised for the incredible work they do and the difference
they are making in the lives of children all over Australia. Every single Goodstarter who
worked during COVID-19 received their own personal wellbeing gift basket and a free day
of leave to say thanks. Centre gift cards, resource packs, family feedback and their own
‘Goodie Awards’ are all part of recognising the amazing work Goodstarters do every day.
Health and wellbeing support
Health and wellbeing matters to Goodstart. We have a dedicated team of professionals providing
programs and ongoing support to each and every one of our 14,900 Goodstarters in ways that
really make a difference. Things like live interactive webinars with our national safety and wellbeingteam and free 24/7 independent counselling support are just some of the ways we show our support.
Committed to making a difference
As a not-for-profit social enterprise, Goodstart reinvests in the areas that make the
biggest impact on outcomes for children – our centres, our practice and programs, and our people.
Besides working for an organisation driven purely by social purpose, our Goodstarters enjoy:
- Flexible working conditions (we are currently exploring new ways to provide greater flexibility to both our in-centre and centre support staff)
- Australia-wide centre support team – to help them with areas such as social inclusion, learning and development, safety and wellbeing, quality and practice and so much more
- Competitive pay, well above award rates
- Dedicated online learning hub, supporting them to dove deeper into the specialist areas that matter most to them
- Discount on your child care fees if your child attends one of our centres (from 15%-30%)
- In addition to annual leave, a broad range of leave entitlements are available, including the option to purchase extra leave
- BUPA corporate health plan
- Great deals on insurance, travel and technology including big names like Qantas, The Mantra Group, Optus, Apple, Dell and Microsoft
- A free and confidential 24-hour counselling service
- Tax benefits through salary packaging. Goodstart partner with RACV to help you make your pay go further