Our skilled, university-trained Teachers see the potential in little learners and use their talent to ignite it.
With a deep understanding of early learning pedagogy, they know how to engage young minds. And they design a landscape of creative learning opportunities for their budding imaginations.
When you teach at Goodstart you'll get to develop enabling programs for children. You'll help support their independence, resilience and social and emotional wellbeing.
Why choose Teaching at Goodstart?
- In your role, you'll foster children’s development through purposeful teaching practices. We'll support you with resources to set them up for school and life.
- You'll get to build relationships with the centre children and families. This way you'll help ensure early education is responsive and inclusive for everyone.
- With drive to develop your skills, we'll support your progression. So, you can help us build a culture of reflective practice and ongoing improvement.
- We’ll support you with a range of shift options and opportunities to work from home.
- You can put yourself first with two dedicated wellbeing days included in your annual personal leave.
- You have the option to purchase four weeks of extra leave for greater work-life balance.
- Receive 50% off your childcare gap fees, plus discounts on insurance, travel and technology.
- You’ll receive a wage on par with state primary schools across Australia. Our Graduate Teachers receive a competitive starting salary of $80,000.
- Take advantage of six weeks paid parental leave on top of what you get from the government.
- You’ll get dedicated support and guidance on a range of topics such as safety, teaching and inclusion.
- Our sector-leading safety policies and procedures ensure peace of mind.
- You’ll have access to free 24/7 independent counselling. Our Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers support when you need it.
- We have a dedicated national safety team that prioritises your wellness and security.
- Our Reconciliation Action Plan embeds inclusive practices so everyone feels welcome.
- As a Teacher at Goodstart, you’ll lead pedagogy and practice in your room.
- Access our Thriving Teachers offering. The initiative supports Goodstart Teachers at all stages of their careers. Tap into a wide scope of professional development opportunities. Each is tailored to your needs so you can reach your potential.
- Settle into your Teacher role with our Goodstart Induction program. It's designed to welcome and support you from the start.
- You'll have regular professional development and mentoring opportunities. And our generous peer network will offer support and share their experience.
- Develop skills in line with your individual goals through our live webinars and interactive Learning Hub.
- You’ll get state-specific support for Teacher accreditation or registration as needed.
- Contribute to growing the next generation of professionals. You'll get to supervise and mentor preservice Teachers on placement at Goodstart.