Advocacy at Goodstart – a year-round priority
We continue to advocate year-round to government, sector and the community for all Australia’s children.
Here is a snapshot of formal responses Goodstart has provided about major government policy, submissions and inquiries over the past few years.
Response to the Federal Government’s Jobs for Families childcare package:
Productivity Commission (PC) Inquiry and 2015 Federal Budget Response
- Helped inform the final Terms of Reference for the PC Inquiry
- Made two comprehensive submissions to the PC. Read the full Productivity Commission report released February 2015
- Attended public hearings and multiple sessions with the PC and officials drawing on Goodstart analysis of family impacts, commercial impacts and sector wide impacts of possible reform options
- Provided detailed analysis and policy briefings about the impacts, risks and opportunities associated with the PC reports and budget responses.
National Quality Framework Review:
- Provided two comprehensive submissions to the Review which included a state by state review of the likely impact on each jurisdiction
- Continue to strongly support the implementation of the National Quality Framework.
Universal Access National Partnership Review and Extension:
- Goodstart continues to advocate for long-term sustainable funding for preschool, we want to ensure that all children accessing kindergarten or preschool in a Long Day Care setting receive a fair share of Universal Access funding.